Thread: Today I.....
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

AlisonI hope all is going well with Chelsea after her surgery. Not always fun. Acutally, never fun.

MarkI agree with the whining issue. I try not to because it doesn't mean anything. My faterh for years would tell me he didn't understand me. He knew I was in pain from all I went through but I didn't outwardly compain. Why? Didn't change anything. I'm still in pain. But, when I watch the news I cry. How can I complain when people are murdering their children. Shooting innocent college children execution style for what? Pedophiles targeting our children. Home invasions. Too much. I would just like to think we can support each other. The mining incident is too depressing. The Minneapolis bridge collapse also. Each day we are all faced with a different dilema or crisis. Dealing with it is a very individual reality. Once, Mark, you said how important humor was. I think if I did not laugh every day, even at my self, I don't think I could survive. I try to find humor in as much as possible. The horrible ambulance ride from NY to NJ where when we arrived at my house I actually got up off the stretcher and walked in the house because I could not take one more minute on that darned thing! Then as the ambulance left the driveway, it smacked right into my dad's car! Oh well. Don't ever ride an ambulance on the NJ Turnpike. Unless you get some good meds first!

VictoriaAnd yes, you do have the right to complain, and *****. I am so sorry you don't have your parents physically there to support you. Keep them in your heart. I am very lucky to have parents and a mother-in-law to help me and my family. I also have two sisters who are always there.

I wish we all did not live so far apart. Wouldn't it be great, as we write each other now, to say, have a barbeque and really get to know each other and their families? You learn so much from this site but realize we all live so far apart. I know some of you on the west coast get together, at least that is what I have gatherd from posts.

It is comforting for me to read and post each day. Sometimes I feel I am pathetic. I do have local friends but it isn't the same.

Sorry to ramble. Don't know if any of you are familiar with High School Musical? Tonight is the sequel. My daughter has two friends over to watch. Of cours we have had a storm. Direct tv went out downstairs. They raced upstairs to my room. That went out, back down. Finally back to my room. I have kids and hubby trying to watch tv all over. oh well. Sorry!! Linda