Thread: Lost Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default There are friends and there are friends

To me it seems that "friends" is a term that is used a little too freely because our language doesn't supply enough words for the different levels. I think it was Kris that mentioned the 4:00 AM test. To me that is the dearest friend, the one I could call at four in the morning from those terrible places such as the hospital, the morgue, or jail, and they would come. I have two or three of those and count myself lucky.

There are others who don't know me very well but who show genuine concern if they encounter me when I am "off" out in public in my small town. I count them because they would help if they could.

Then there are others here who listen and support. I guess to me the Act of Kindness is the marker of a friend to me. One invited to visit in his home for entirely too long. Made a long journey to meet me at the airport and was there in the crowd writhing with the worst dyskinesias you can imagine and holding a sign with my name on it because he had never laid eyes on me. I may never see him face to face again, but he is my friend.

Be kind at every opportunity. Especially when you are in pain because that is when it is most valuable.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote