View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Out Voted but still not humiliated ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
Ken,

could you have misinterpreted my statement, is it any less offensive with explanation or should I just wait and expect another incoming anytime?

paula
From Paula's "Mind" thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
This socially humiliating disease can inspire inspiration
Paula

Paula: - note 3
You can expect an incoming about 25% of the time I find something to complain about - I'll cut it to 10% :-)

Explanation is always good but your statement is pretty clear to me.

Your statment to me means that you feel PD is "socially humiliating" either to yourselft or others.

I find that not offensive but unfortunate and especially would not expect you to feel that way It is not any statement made here amongst friends but the fact that you are made to feel that way that makes me feel for you.

Paula: - note 2
Dionne Warwick - ccl

No to symptoms listed but how would you like involuntary bowel movements - give me other leaks anyday - which I do get if I don't go frequently!

Self confidence to me is directly related to things like resistance to unwarranted humiliation.

Would you tell your students that you felt "social humiliation" because of your physical impairment -I think NOT

Neil
Why be embarrassed for asking a waiter to carry your tea- What would you think of the wheelchair bound?
Dont mention PD and just ask them to bring another pot of tea or drink.
Hopefully we will be taking another of the West coast repositioning cruises shortly - or possibly just go direct to Vegas.

thick skinned ,,, ken
KC Tower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote