View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did not ge the results from the blood work that the hematologist yet. Back when this all started (read post #4, its a little confusing) originally, in June 07, I went to an endo. complaining of fatigue, hair loss and memory loss. I thought it was my thryroid acting up. He was the one who checked my b12 level. It was 209 and the folate was 13. TIBC 340 Iron 62 and iron sat. 18%. Thats when I started investigating b12 deficiency. My regular G.P. did not know what to make of all this but since I had seen a gastroenterologist back when I was in my 20's He thought I should go see him again to straighten this all out. In July 07 I went to see a gastroenterologist, he ran more blood work. ( take into mind that one month ago the endo told me to take a good b complex. Before this test was done I was taking alot of suppliments)
B12 - 293
Folate - 24
mma - 109
hcy - 24
I.F. negative (I did not fast for any of this bloodwork)
He thought my b12 was normal maybe slightly low, but considering my complaints he thought I should have my regular G.P. do the blood work again in a month. I just decided that my best bet would be to see a hemotologist. When I went over old blood work (all the way back to 1990, I worked for a pharmaceutical so I was required to have a full exam every year) I saw a pattern in the cbc work up. This may be to much info. and going back way to far. I just assumed from the blood work (above) done in july of 07 that I did not have PA. I will get the blood work form that was done on 9/16/07 in about a week or so.

Dose this make any sense now?
cat265 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote