View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Joan

Hi Joan!

Thanks for more info on tranxene, sounds like just what I need. Since xanax is a benzo and addictive that is why they didn't want to gvie it to me anymore....like you said, as if it matters really? Least of my concerns if you know what I mean!

PARC is a websit that I believ stands for promoting awareness for rsd in Canada. I am so mad at myself right now because they sent me a packet of info that I had requested and now I can't find it ! I'm definitely not the most organized person in the world! I think if you just google it you will be able to find it, it's a really great site. I wish I were a bit more computer savvy so I would be able to just put the link here for you and save you the trouble but unfortunately I don't know how to do that ! Anyway, that is where I read all about the guidelines for treating rsd in the Netherlands, they are light years ahead of us I'm afraid! They also have links to alternative treatments such as acupuncture, chiropractic, etc. I would have to say it's probably the most informative web site dedicated to rsd that I have seen.

I know you said you have a "virgin" liver but I'm wondering about compunding pharmacies that can make alot of the oral meds into a cream? would that still bother your liver? My pm was talking about an intracatheter pump with morphine or a scs. I am desparately trying to avoid either of those options but I know if the pain became unbearable constantly as it has in the past that I would give in, do you think either of these would be viable for you? I've also been reading a lot about hyperbaric oxygen therapy and something called photon therapy but my lean financial state is preventing me from actually doing them....just trying to help, please don't think I'm preaching at you Honestly though, the supplements and the chiropractor have helped me more than anything else thus far...

I too know that there are good and bad in every profession, for whatever reason though, I seem to have been unfortunate enough to have a lot of the "bad" and not so much of the "good"! I'm sure I'll be subjected to some of the "really bad" at the end of the month when I have to go to an "independant" medical exam for work comp! I'm already bracing myself for the B.S. and I also applied for social security disability and they are makin me see a shrink on Monday....so much to look forward too! take care joan, jenny
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote