View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

I DO NOT usually promote products, but I have purchased a chair such as the one you showed a picture of, however I did not purchase that exact one. My chiropractor has a couple of that model and I was able to try it out in his office. I discovered quickly that it was just too tall for my short legs. So I went out and purchased this model instead: FitBall Exercise Ball Chair with Ball (about $80)

What's really cool about it is that the legs are height adjustable, as is the lumbar support, so you don't have to worry about it being too tall or too short. It took a couple days to fill the ball up completely, but it was worth it. It also doubles as a holder for your exercise ball, so you can just pop it off and do some exercises, which is a nice space saver. I don't use it as much as I should, mainly because I have an S1 nerve problem, but it definitely gives me better posture than sitting in my regular computer chair.

Another chair I've purchased was by Kline Design http://www.kleindesign.com/. They actually make their ergonomic lounge chairs and couches to your preference, though they are a bit spendy and only come in a few styles. I also just use a lumbar support when sitting in chairs that are too cushy, though usually I just try to avoid those (have not sat on my couch for over a year). Anything that makes my spine curve forwards, which pushes my shoulders and head down, is awful.

Take care,
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixSparebitz View Post
Was doing some research about ergonimic things to help relieve some of the posture/pain symptoms so many of us have with TOS & stumbled upon this product. I wondered if anyone had seen them/tried them & what was the critique? Anyone's PT/OT suggested them, maybe?

I know I love sitting on my exercise ball & really am intrigued by this product....seems someone's "lightbulb" really lit up with this idea.
Would love to hear what you's think of it.

Vixen

Last edited by MelissaLH; 08-18-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Speech recog typos
MelissaLH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote