View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Smirk Got the Neuro blues.....

.....how about this for a bedside manner? I go to see the Neuro referred by my pcp. I'm a little apprehensive about my pn, I had already had the arms and legs conduction tests 2 weeks prior, so I'm naturally ready to get down to the meat of the matter, get the results, and proceed with a plan of action.Well, after jumping thru hoops, prodding,tapping,bending etc. I tell my sad story while the neuro records all. At this point he arises from his chair and states" hhhhrummp! small fiber polyneuropathy"! At this point he asks me to follow him out the door. Soon we arrive at the small window which I discover is the pay window ( this place is like a drive-thru at Burger King).Well, I realize I just got the whole enchilada ,so I turn to him (he is now walking away) and asked for somewhat of a clue, to which he remarks,"hurummp! just keep the glucose down". So here I stand, no clue about reflexes, motor deficits, conduction loss or any thing else. THANK You Jonas Salk!! What is it about some docs who seem to think everyone who walks in their office is some Gomer Pyle? Well ,I'ts now a personal thing I'm going to hound the hell out of these people!!!!...just needed to vent....Tom
flsun01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote