View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to all of you so much for your kind and supportive posts. And thank you Billye, for keeping people updated on how things went.

I am home and feeling a lot better. I had to get out of there in a hurry, because their food was outstanding, I was eating myself sick. That has to be a first in hospital food to my knowledge... The extra steroids made me very hungry and at 6:00 am yesterday, I was in the nurses' area in the refrigerator digging into leftover cheesecake... Mmmm....

A funny thing happened the night before we went over to the hospital. I laid out the directions to where we were supposed to go along with pulmonary tests my doc wanted the anesthesiologist to see. I put them right on the floor in front of the door where I would be sure NOT to miss them... Well, someone else came along and didn't miss them either... Miss Minnie, who put a really big puddle right on top of them... I guess she looked on them as newspapers to use for her own personal potty... I was UPSET... Anyway, hubby saved the day by drying them out and copying them in the fax machine and voila! Fresh, clean papers... That dog!!! Always something!!!

I am very relieved over the outcome of the surgery. It certainly is a relief to know that I am not faced with thyroid cancer. I am recovering very well and will be back to my old self quickly...

Thanks again for all of the posts. I appreciated these so much!
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote