View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Aha! I thought I remembered something like that.

It is crucial that you remember that the MMA and Hcy, and the increased folate and B12 were measured AFTER you had been taking the B complex for a month. Your MMA may have been much higher before the month of B complex.

If you did not malabsorb severely, but only malabsorbed from food, the B complex would give you plenty of B12 to bring your level up.

What is the normal range on your homocysteine test result? That number is quite high using the units of measure I am familiar with.

Malabsorption from food has not been ruled out. Pernicious anemia (lack of intrinsic factor) was apparently not present when these tests were done because you showed benefits from the B complex (someone with PA would not benefit from the usual B complex-----they would need at the very least hundreds of mcg to show any benefit).

Pernicious anemia could still result, so you should be taking enough B12 to still get through if that happens. At least 1000 mcg doses orally.

Regarding fasting: I think it is a good idea to treat every blood test as a fasting blood test.

I hope you keep up that B12 in large doses.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote