View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Peppermint-

I take an older drug that has been hard to get. The first drug I tried gave me really bad headaches (I already have migraines on a daily basis, which the Topamax thankfully controls). The current one is Amitryptiline-Perphenizine (sp) and so far it's been helping more than going without. Before I took the drug I would cry over anything (and I do mean anything, or more appropriately nothing at all), lose my temper frequently (also over nothing). I don't cry nearly as much and my temper is better (although I'm still a bit of a hot-head over little things) it's not as bad as it was.

As my neuro says, I have to be really careful which anti-depressant I take because most have side effects of headaches and guess what? Seizures! Great news for someone with a really low seizure threshold.

No news as to why your doc wants you off your current med? I wonder if it has to do with the side effects? I'm sorry to hear you are so sleepy, hopefully it will pass once you adjust to it. how long have you been taking it?