View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 12:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daniella,

I got my rsd in San Diego, Ca.. I next moved to the Phoenix, Az. area. Then on to Arkansas, back to San Diego & mexico, up to Idaho, and I am now in Spokane, Wa. Whew! Long list, I move a lot. Plus I've had rsd for 14 years.

I have determined, in my experience, that each area has different troubles that cause about the same amount of pain, I'm afraid.

San Diego is much warmer, but near the beach it is cold and moist. The desert areas of Ca. and Az are hot as heck during the day, but freezing cold at night, even in the summer quite a bit. The shifts each 12 hours were murder on me. Arkansas was extremely hot and humid, which made me ache horribly. It also had a bit of snow in the winter, so I didn't escape the cold there, either. Idaho's snowy winters were hard, but the moderate to hot temps in the summer were great, plus the state is beautiful. Eastern Wa. has wonderful moderate summers, very few 100 degree days, and a lot of 80's. The winters are a mix of light snow and rain, very little snow accumulates on the ground.

I think I'd say here in Spokane is the best place, but at the same time my rsd has gotten so much worse these past few years that my ankles and knees are freezing even in 100 degree weather .

I would recommend you stay wherever you have the best support system. That is such a vital part of this disease. Without it, I wouldn't have made it this long.

I only have Michael, no friends or blood relatives I talk to, except one son who is busy with a new wife and house and lives 500 miles away. As much as we have moved, it has been very difficult to make new friends, especially close ones that would take the time to understand rsd.

I don't know how bad your rsd is, or how much of your body is involved. I do know that I am "lucky" to only have rsd from the hips down. There might be some spread to the hands starting, but I don't want to think about that right now, lol.

I find it hard to get out of the house. I also have aids and epilepsy, so I am a real mess, I'm afraid. When you are sick or in pain or all of the above, it is almost impossible to get out and meet new people, let alone spend enough time with them to become friends.

There are quite a few "full-body" rsd'ers here, I am hoping you aren't in that category. But you DO have to take into account your ability to get out and about.

I would give anything to have the sort of relationship you have with your mother. I wouldn't want to leave that behind.

Rogue

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote