Thread: Lamictal woes
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicc, you have a point. If I look at it hard enough, I have, at the very least, a better ability to cope than I did six weeks ago.

My pain levels have increased so much this past year anyway, so who knows how I'd feel if I weren't on it! It's only been 6 weeks since I started, too. I just took the last dose of phenytoin last night, so all that will be out of my system in just a few more days.

I have been titrating them both, of course. The only thing I really know is that Lamictal is already much better... as the phenytoin leaves my system a little at a time, all the mental confusion and inability to communicate properly are slowly lifting

The only bad part of all this is the reason I had to switch meds in the first place: to start taking my aids meds again. Most of those are just awful for rsd'ers... they cause peripheral neuropathies, muscle pains and cramps, etc.

I have had to stop taking three different combinations due to those very reasons. I told the dr. flat out that I'd rather be dead than have that much pain. Aids is kinder than rsd... it eventually puts you out of your misery.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote