View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No telling what homocysteine was before all that B complex (good!), but it's good now. May have been higher before, but may not have been. It is common for it not to be high when B12 deficiency is present.

Folate. Good.

It is not likely that the methylcobalamin dose had anything to do with that. If it did, you're body is working on something, maybe the impulses to muscles affecting the sphincter. I have not heard that before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. My diaphragm was affected, eventually affecting my speach and ability to sing on key. Took a long time to recover. If you're body is working on the sphincter so soon, good. Otherwise, it's probably just a coincidence.

One of my major pet peeves has become the ease with which sooo many doctors lie to their patients about lab results. Even the jerks who allowed this to happen to me didn't do that! But now I am seeing what appears to be an epidemic of it. My most direct experience is that of my aunt, for whom I take responsibility in some areas, including obtaining and managing so-called health care. I had her switch doctors when the one she was with said everything was fine (even put it in writing!!) when cholesterol, triglicerides and a couple of other things she could have worked on. That's when I took over and had her change "doctors." The next one said to us and an independent party how good her results were on the next set of tests. Four things were flagged as out of range, and they were important things. Two were things I had asked for: glycation was high, and ferritin was 295 (dozens of points over normal and only a few from "overload").

Disgusting! Then I had to fax him a copy of the law to get her records, which had been requesting properly and delivery of which was officially late. He was still was going to sit on his hands, so arrogant he thought he could just give them up if and when he pleased.

I even tried an expensive and prestigious holistic MD, and besides him being absolutely no help, it took four tries to finally get a copy of lab results including ranges. Forget him.

Ack! rant, rant.

It wasn't easy, but I finally found a doc for my aunt who speaks with us as tough we are sentient beings, actually has the lab results organized to share and discuss, as well as ready making copies available when asked.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote