View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good morning everyone, Well it seems that we all need to try to cheer ourselves up. Life is hard enough without adding this constant pain to sometimes just put you over the edge. I tried to describe to hubby what it feels like to be aching every single day. I told him to imagine that he had someone tapping on his forehead, it is always there. Sometimes it gets really soft, other times it feels like a hot poker. So I told him when there are days that I need to go hide out, that is a hot poker day. He tried to understand as best that he can but I know it is so frustrating to him to not have the same wife as I was 4 years ago. It was 4 years ago today that a truck decided to drive to fast on the freeway and slam into us. I sometimes wonder if he realizes the damage he caused and that my family is still affected 4 years later. When I see someone driving recklessly I just want to grab them and show them my scars and tell them that their behavior impacts so many other people. Wow, I didn't know I was going in this direction this morning but I am going to leave it here. Sometimes I write a post and then delete it because it is just rambling thoughts from my head and I worry that I may be too negative or not make sense.

Sher, I am so sorry that you are stuck in a house like that. It really is sad that they cannot see what it does to you. You have taken on a very difficult job by helping to raise 2 step kids. It is hard enough to handle a blended family, then you add adhd and possible bi-polar to it and it may sometimes seem that it is impossible. Plus adding to the fact that they are at the age where life is pretty hard for them anyway. Is there anyway you could go just to get away for a little while? Hubby put up a gazebo in the backyard for me, it is my rest spot. I can go out there and just hide out when life gets too hard. Oh and I love vienna sausages. I also like spam sandwiches. Growing up money was tight but those were actually a treat. THere were 6 of us growing up and mom knew how to stretch a budget. My kids are so spoiled and I am trying to get them to see how lucky they are. It is a very materialistic world now and I find it difficult to keep them grounded. I wish there was more I could do than offer you moral support though. Just know that my shoulder is always there for you to lean on.

So today I am going to eat healthy, go for a walk, and drink lots of water!!! I have a appt with chiro today and my back always feels good after a stretching. So I am going to get out and sieze the day...Sue
snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote