View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Donna,

Just based on what you described it sounds more like perimenopause to me. It's not uncommon to fluctuate as you describe. Then again it could be a lot of different things. I was just going to say that I have had a total hysterectomy when I was 45 and no biggie. But my sister kept gaining and gaining and we really thought she was pregant...she was about 42 at the time. But she had fibroids so badly that ob/gyn told her her uterus was like a sack of grapes. Anyway, she had a total hysterectomy as well and is doing fine.

And I do know that certain meds can really mess with your hormones levels. But chances are, honestly, it is probably just the age thing and perimenopause. And the real reason I say that is because my best friend, also a Donna, has this happen all the time. She can go for a few cycles just fine; then it is like a month of bleeding; then she might miss two and on and on it goes. The doc says...perimenopause...there was nothing really wrong at all. So, she just lives with and is living through it...doing very well actually. Oh, and I should add...we are both very close to turning 51. And I think this started with her probably around age 45 or 46.

But, yes, see your ob/gyn or primary to determine the cause.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote