View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Cathie? MULTIPLE ISSUES...

Multiple docs...well, I know you love your dogs, but could/would you be able to herd them?
I liken doctors to CATS... Neither is easy to herd, let alone get each to talk to each other...they all write things off as 'Not my Problem, nor COG'...DUH? Actually cats are easier to herd, while they may have egos...that 'tin opening' sound always brings them to SHE WHO FEEDS! Docs have this little thing called 'ego' to contend with?
IF it were me? I'd do what I'm trying to do w/my Dental surgery [pending - once all key docs are well 'plugged in'] I'd call my Pred-scribing doc and leave that silly message on: 'I'm sorta concerned about A B & C? This doc doesn't appear to respect my concerns and I'm having s/e's? Could you call him and clue HIM in? and/or Take over the scriptions? Here's his Tel# and ask for Sue his assistant - many thanks?] I DO have my neuro as my key pain/neuro prescribing doc...
I've a dozen other docs I see 'regularly' as in once a year and my Onc who I see four times yearly...This way my Pain med doc is KEY on all my other docs notes as the one to CONTACT to deal with overlapping issues. And, duh? They all seem to overlap in some way or quarter.
I DO know what you mean about docs that you need to see all seem to be ALL over the map? I've one doc who moved [for me], further out from my own comfort circle of driving by myself. DH who recently retired, drove us back..I would've had a hard time or had to change docs [but we've just gotten on track in some quarters sooo...this is hard to admit?]
For me, another issue is the coordinating of blood tests - I'm now going to a lab before I get my IVIG's and get ALL tests done there...I've made it clear to all docs that THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I will play? It's taken about nine months, and by golly they are beginning to PLAY as well...I think they like it!
I hate to say it - but, it is WE who have to perk up the various docs' interests to 'talk' to the other docs. We tired as we are, worn down as we may be HAVE to be the ones to Make It Happen.
Sad that in this age of 'instant communciations' that communication doesn't occur. But YOU are one great fighter! And I can tell that Miss Minnie feels the same too!
Hugs and fast recoveries...
I AM going to have dreams about getting such good food in a hospital,[hopefully, that won't mean a self-fulfilling prophecy?] - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote