View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I understand what you are saying.
In my own case... my own story... I had what should have been very very good docs tell me to ignore a known pit tumor when the symptoms did not make sense.

Only 12 years later and now that I am disabled due to that poor poor poor tragic advice do I really want people to think that... well, yes, pit tumors are not cancer but there are two kinds that are potentially deadly. Lucky me, I had one of them. Did my tests show it - er - only sometimes! My symptoms showed it all the time but as my tests were all over the place, the docs felt that they could ignore it all the while my health was crumbling literalling in front of their eyes. In my brain, I know it is a problem with the testing and not me as surely as the day is long, hello! I was sick but the docs, as you say want numbers and it was not there. I came very close to dying before I got help with my Cushing's. And unfortunately I progressed so far that I cannot recover. I blame the horrid docs that ignored what I was experiencing even when the numbers were not clear - something was clearly not right. They felt with the labs, even though some were clearly abnormal, that they could just say come back in 6 months over and over and I am forever paying the price for that.

Yes, there is a tremendous ripple effect. Adrenals effect the male/female hormones and the pit and thyroid and very related in my experience.