View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 10:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Attention Attention!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAN_M View Post
hi jenny,
i feel the same way about many people in the medical field, maybe because i know better. but i do know there are good and bad everything, doctors, nurses, PT, lawyers etc., except for insurance claimers when you are fighting for your disability, they are all bad! ha! but then again i have a super lawyer so it does not matter now.
i did read some of the donny thread and will go back to that for the info on the supplements. thank you.
yes, i had reactions in the hospital in surgery, to morphine and fentanyl. so i cannot take much and do worry about the future and what i will be able to do for pain. it is strange my liver is healthy but will not breakdown many medications. weird, eh? i figured this out with a pharmacist who did a cross study of all the meds that I was reacting to and there was no correlation. so it was the liver, i went back and talked to my pcp about it and he said he had heard of it but had never seen it but it is refered to as a virgin liver. i was not amused ... ha! anyhow, it is bad news for me which is why i try to look at the natural ways to deal with this.
Tranxene is like an ativan or librium but not found to be habit forming, as if i cared at that point! but i have been taking 7.5mg at bedtime for years and have never had to increase it. it is great for panic, i had that bad for a while.
we all get angry frustrated and downright crazy at times with this so you are not alone there.
joan
Hi there Joan!
You mentioned that tranxene is NOT habit forming?? Joan this drug is indeed a benzo and so is xanax. If you go on a web site htt.//www.healthsquare.com/news.. it will tell you all about this . It says (Generic name being clorazepate dipotassium) and I read on that site that says;"Can be habit forming if taken regularly over a long period." It then go's on to say;" You may experience withdrawl symptoms if you stop using this drug abruptly"! Sue, no I am not offended by what you wrote at all! I think that the doc. should put you on something for your panic attacks.
The old pain management doctor I had, would NOT give me anything but neurontin, and nothing for pain, break through pain. I am now seeing a wonderful doc. who asked me how the pain was while I was doing anything. I told him, and he asked me what I was taking?? I said my Ortho had me on vicodin for a long time. He then gave me Kadian(Time released morphine for this awful, AWFUL pain) everyone is different with this RSD/CRPS Sue, so I would get another doc. Ladies, I am sorry for butting in, but.. I do not believe anyone should have to suffer needlessly with anxiety or pain! Hugs to you both Love, Desi
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote