View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakegirl View Post
in light of the studies that are showing increased support for a dx i have 3 questions
1) what year was everyone given a dx (age of patient)
2) what was the original injury or instance that started the cycle
3) how long after you went to the doctor to ask about the symptoms did you actual get a dx, and by whom (pcp, pain doc, ortho, other)

i was just curious about the approx year that physicians in both the u.s. and abroad applied the dx, the median time from symptom complaint to dx, and what kinds of injury (if one occured) resulted in the symptoms most often. it might be interesting for those of us who have identified the source of the nightmare that often encompasses our existence so that we have more compiled information. i know my doc is always trying to figure out what similarities exist. i know that doctors in the civil war first began to talk about the symptoms, i am more interested in the present path.
1) 1990 (13)
2) multiple attempts by a nurse anesthetist to get an epideral for a knee surgery (6 tries before the anesthesialogist took over)
3) 3 months (anesthesialogist...he also did some accupunture on me first)
thanks in advance
lauren

1/ 1997
2/ Multiple fractures following car accident
3/ Orthopaedic surgeon asked for second opinion from another orthopod who referred me to anaesthetist. 18 months after accident I was diagnosed.

Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote