View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Roxie

Hi - I'm sure regarding what the law is now about detailing your exact disability to employer - but I know I required all my employees who were reuqesting reasonable accomodations to obtain an MD note.... also, if there was something that was a medical condition that could affect you doing your job safely, or perhaps a seizure order etc. that coudl require immediate action on your employers part, its important... (I worked at a senior level in HR - and I was often the only other person other then the direct manager who had these details - but were considered important)..... in some cases its not feasible to make accomodations, e.g. a truck driver who can longer feel their feet - it would be dangerous to all involved and the job could no longer safely be done by them..... anywhere I was - we were able to accomodate employees - but I also had a deal with them if there was an issue where they needed to be out, to contact me directly and until they could return to work with a doctors clearnance - they needed to let me know their status. Co-workers were never privy to this inforrmation unless the employee choose to share it... so atually sounds routine!

Also, the the nature of the business - complying with ADA is a federal regulation - so the employee needs to provide medical evidence.

Sending the best....
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote