View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone, I'm Beth. I'm expanding my horizons beyond just the MS forum, which I love. I was dx'd 10 years ago. Most of my stuff is sensory (read invisible) pain is constant in my hands especially. No relief at all.

My story, lets see, I moved here 2-1/2 years ago from Ohio. I am contemplating going back home. When I moved out here I was 140 lbs. Thinnest in years, I was half way doing South Beach at my sisters where I was living. I found that quite successful, limiting carbs.

Out here they have krispy kreme donuts, hot. Wow, I really indulged, and being 40, I think my age caught up with me. I was homesick, left all my family and an excellent p/t job. On Aug 1st at new neuros office I stepped on the scale and weighed in a heart dropping, 198 lbs.

Back in '06 I had a bad flareup or 4, and did steroids each time, which only increased my weight. I was put on Lyrica, last year, way upped dose this past spring, which I stopped 2 weeks ago, because many said it causes weight gain. I am tending to agree with that assessment. Before I stopped, I was nibbling constantly and now I have to remind myself to eat.

This summer, I cut almost 8inches of my hair. In July, I joined a walking group on-line. Bought a pedometer and am tracking my inactive lifestyle. My big activity was to walk to the mailbox at the front of the complex. And I am waiting for my wrist weights to be delivered so I can start my 8 minutes in the morning workout.

I am living with my soon to be ex-SO. Shh, he doesn't know yet. I have so much going through my head that focusing on getting my body back seems like the easiest to tackle today.

I'm hoping to get to know everyone and I am a good source of encouragment.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote