View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown My brother-in-law passed away

Hi all! It's been a long time since I have posted here, and I've missed so many of you. The support here has been tremendous, and gotten me through so many difficult times. This has always been a good place to find support and advice on processing through something like this.

We've had a tragedy in the family, and I'd like to ask for prayers for my sister, neice and nephew. My brother-in-law overdosed on Methadone, and has passed away. The overdose wasn't intentional, but he wasn't prescribed the methadone either. He was only 44, and did have an addiction to narcotics. He and my sister had separated a few months ago, but have been married 27 years.

It was very difficult to see him laying there on life support. He went 45 min. without oxygen, and was clinically dead when the ambulance arrived. I can't believe he is gone. I just saw him recently when I stayed at my sister's, about a month ago. It's sort of surreal, and I think my sister is in shock.

My nephew got married the day before his dad OD'd, and his birthday was the day after, the same day they took his dad off life support. He is devastated! CAT scans showed no brain activity at all, and his heart had stopped. He passed away in front of the jail, where he was bailing my neice out. There was a girl with him (Terry), who was arrested at the scene over this. She is the one who went in and give the money to bail my neice out. This girl went back out to the truck where Terry was, to wait for my neice's release. She thought he was passed out from the drugs they were taking, when he was actually dead. She was so loaded that she didn't notice he wasn't breathing. My neice came out and discovered he wasn't breathing, and had no pulse. She started CPR, but it was too late. She is also having a very hard time absorbing all of this! I'm so sad over this, as is our whole family. It's just horrible!

Any words of wisdom, or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Especially for my sister, and the kids. They all are taking this real hard. His whole family is too. We all are. The funeral is this coming Friday.

{{{{{hugs to all}}}}}
~Kimmy