Thread: Lost reflexes.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Simby,

I have the added pleasure of being allergic to most pain killers. I can not take morphine or morphine derivatives, codeine or codeine derivatives including anything that has codone in its name and most recently tramadol. So I can have the "big guns" for severe pain, but the best they can do for moderate pain is darvocet (which is lilke taking surgar pills to me). My PCP was at a loss for what she could do for me, as I grit my teeth due to pain and I have loosened one of my molars, not to mention the constant head aches and jaw fatigue. (The molar was a recent root canal & crown were the bite was very good but not quite perfect, it would have not been a problem except for this.) Can you tell, I am having the time of my life? LOL

It could be so much worse. I am so blessed that I didn't become paralysed, I did not develop caudia equina syndrome, I have a high pain tolerance and I have not had to battle WC. AND I am thankful for: Cymbalta, Welbutrin, Flexeril and Topamax, they all help and no allergy symptoms yet!
BwithT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote