View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I did let myself forget...for a short while

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who have been posting to me...feels so good to know you all are there.

Someone said something about trying to live as best I can....well, I wanted to share that I went to Hot Springs last week. Was so concerned about the drive and the pain, how it would effect the people I was going with, etc., that I almost backed out. But I didn't! Made the 6 hour drive down with relatively little pain (had blankie, special foot pillow, etc). Got checked in, had a great day...then had an excruciatingly painful evening...OMG
Everyone handled it very well (friend, her daughter and my daughter-in-law).

Next on agenda was a large museum. Went along with the understanding that I would probably sit while they walked...but saw these motorized wheelchairs and threw my embarrassment to the side (at their encouragement) and enjoyed the entire museum by their sides and had a great time and pain free evening.

Third day, eating breakfast, kids say they REALLY want to rent a boat and go tubing. Now, I've never driven a boat but love them, so again, we can do this on our own...and we rent a HUGE boat and the "tube" to pull the girls on...hopefully without anyone getting hurt. Not only do we manage this, but somewhere along the way my friend says...are you gonna tube (always been a daredevil but am now "too disabled to do anything")......I said YES I AM, changed into a suit right there on the boat...and with the help of the girls got on that thing and rode really fast behind the boat. Flipped off twice and managed to get back on and do it some more.
BAD PAIN NIGHT.....but oh so worth it for those few hours of some of the best fun i've had in ages!

Made me realize that sometimes I CAN move past the pain, if only for a few hours!
belinda1317 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote