View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My variation (not much of a variation...) on SCD banana pancakes:

Mash up one banana
beat in two eggs
Sprinkle with a touch of nutmeg or cinnamon, if you want

drop by Tablespoon fulls on a hot (but not too hot...closer to Low than Medium) skillet. let cook until starting to brown on the bottom and completely set on top. Flip. Cook for another minute.

Serve. Or freeze. (I defrost in the toaster oven, by turning to auto-toast for 10 minutes or so)

And don't forget the infamous peanut butter cookies (made with any nut butter of your choice)

1 cup nut butter
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
1 egg

Beat well. Stir in chocolate chips or dried fruit.

drop onto cookie sheet, bake at 350* until done (10 minutes?)

And vthis isn't baking...but it is a flour free treat:

Rainbow Not-Jello Cake:

Start 1 cup Youngberry juice to boil.
Pour 1 cup *cold* water into a bowl.
Sprinkle 1 envelope Knox gelatin into cold water and let sit.

When the juice boils (don't let it boil off too much) pour it over the gelatin/water mixture. Whisk with a fork or whisk, if you've replaced your old gluten-y one; for 2 minutes (or less, just get it well mixed) Pour into serving bowl, or a bunch of custard cups. Let sit for 1.5-2 hours.
Repeat using apricot juice, but pour the finished mixture on top of the set youngberry mixture. You can use as many layers as you like. This is more jello like than the knox blox recipe, though its not super sweet. You can replace some water with juice, or add sugar if you prefer it sweeter. You can also use any juice (except lemonade or OJ, and possibly pineapple) Serve with fruit or whipped topping...but I think the whipped topping spoils the rainbow effect. (Not to mention is steeped with dairy and other junk :P)
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote