View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I want to add, that we (the admin and the core members) are making this forum. I want to add, that we (the admin and the core members) are making this forum. We're creating the needs for all PD patients everywhere who might stop by or stay due to need.

Let's create a comfortable "home".

If you could have your "dream home" online, what would it have?

KD

Let's create a comfortable "home".

If you could have your "dream home" online, what would it have?

KD

I have no idea of what this is saying or means? If you and the "core members' are making this forum then what do you need us for?

Who are these 'core members'? are they of this forum even?

Quote:
We're creating the needs for all PD patients everywhere who might stop by or stay due to need.
You are creating nothing. You are providing a space for people to communicate within certain boundaries of conduct. It is the members here who have created this forum and what it contains is that which they have chosen to post about.

Now this is going to make you mad as well as some members here but this asking for personal private messaging is of no value at all.

If you want an honest opinion of what this forum desires it has to be done in the light of day so as all can either add to the comments or disagree but at least know what the intentions are and what is going to be agreed upon.

This is not a 'home'

It is a meeting place at best where people can come and address whatever they wish to speak about. As a Parkinson's forum then that is usually the main topic but not always.

That is where the moderators should come in and judge as to the acceptance of the posting and let the member know why it was judged as so.

If religion is to be tolerated and approved then so should be politics as well as any other topic that is allowed.

Other than this I don't see what you mean as the forum seems to function quite well as it is.

Everyone needs to have a break once in awhile and it is beneficial health wise to do so. It is not a pall put on the site it is only that that person needs a break.

The one thing is that everyone who comes to this site finds is that it is a fact they are free to post wherever they want to and to have forums set aside for different topics would be impossible for you to maintain and absolutely impossible to get them to use.

eg

I went to church last night and found the talk really stimulating and I want to tell you all about it. The talk afterwards in the lobby afterwards was about the new resolution brought forth yesterday to impeach the new president as soon as he was sworn in. I must not forget to tell what the new Neurologist had to say about my head transplant I had six months ago.

Response

Where to put this. Oh well put it in all their forums and sub-forums and let them decide. Too strenuous for me and I have a foot ache.

Besides I see KImmy Dawn here will put them all in their rightful place lol
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote