View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sydney,
I know we have corresponded many times privately about your situation. It is difficult to know what exactly caused it to occur "when it did" and why then and not at an earlier dental visit. I truly think that your infected tooth could be contributing to the problem. The inflammation from an infection in the jawbone is initially somewhat self contained to a small, tight area. However, if the infection cannot be released (similar to the head of a pimple) then alot of pressure builds up which tells your immune system to send more blood to the area forcing the infection to either proliferate or find a way to temporarily release itself. Tooth infections can cause or contribute to all sorts of physical health problems because they are usually long standing before they show any symptoms.

SO many people have severe TMJ problems and having any dental work can be extremely difficult. Have you considered having conscious sedation for an extraction and/or your other dental work? It would certainly allow you to relax your jaw muscles throughout the treatment. It is similar to general anesthesia, but you are put in a twlight sleep rather than a deep sleep and this type of anesthesia can be done is some dental offices.

I know you have read alot about TMJ on the web. I came upon this site today and thought it offered some informative information about different conditions that mimic TMJ. http://www.tmjs.net/treatment.php

Another link on the same site about facial pain not TMJ related:
http://www.tmjs.net/facialpain.php

I really wish I could be of some help to you. I do understand how much you are suffering. I pray that you get the help you need very soon.

Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote