View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Any (Mac) Power PC owners here?

I've an antiquated Mac that I've been holding onto because it contains work-related data - for which I don't want to compromise the "integrity."

I'm hopeful that someone might be able to help me out here with some insights.

My ol' Mac has the capability to covert data (text files and/or images) to PC format; the machine is cross-platform and bundled with the tools needed for the conversion process.

The following is the potenial problem that I definitely want to avoid:

If the files are converted, will it also wipe out properties data (e.g., original URLs from where the files were downloaded and saved)? That's the information that's critical; it's for a court case (and, it took years for the case come to fruition).

This might resolve the issue: Does someone know whether on newer Macs (stand-alone or downloaded) images are still viewed with a JPEGview application?

I am able to save the files to archiac media: Good ol' floopies. The machine has a CD player but no R/W ROM. If saved to floppy, my desktop PC can transfer the files to CD, as long as I won't be losing the files' integrity.

Another possibility, I'm thinking is: Take screenshots of the properties while the files are on the Mac. (First, though, I need to learn how to do so ; it's something I've not figured out.)

Last edited by Bobbi; 08-21-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: corrected subject title
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote