Thread: b12 questions
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahgarden View Post
I was supposed to take b1, b6 folic acid, SAME & vit E but I got horrible alll day pains in my stomach, and couldn't figure which vitamin was causing it.
and was told to discontinue them. I do sometimes take them just because.

laura
I don't think that the SAMe fits in with all those others. B12 can raise your histamine levels. This relates to methylation and your homocysteine levels. The one that does not fit is the SAMe. Folic acid and b12 can raise histamine levels, but the SAMe would actually lower your histamine levels. So, that combo does not sound right to me.

Now, some people do have a problem with sulfur and can have problems with absorbing it through their GI tract. SAMe is a sulfur containing amino acid. The body gets rid of histamine through sulfation.

So, my guess is that it might be the SAMe that is causing the stomach aches. But that is the problem with taking several supplements at once, you can't tell what ones are working and what ones are causing a problem.

See, Buttons supplements include ALL but the SAMe. I don't understand why you were told to take SAMe.

Fatigue is the worst, I know. I would think that you may have some other deficiencies that you and your doctor are missing.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote