View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
think that ingesting Fentanyl might be a good way for some. But a phase 3 clinical trial of less than 150 people? And for only 12 weeks - those are my concerns.

That it has not gotten FDA approval yet, even only a very small clinical trial is encouraging because of the aspects mentioned above and that it could be an effective way to help people. But, the 'documentation' for neurontin for PN [actually far less by way of clinical work] when it was pushed 5 years ago, was not only poor it was inexcusable and docs bought it.

I certainly wish that the 90%of the medications and treatments we are helped by get OFF the 'off-label' use menus in our lifetimes.

The good thing is that they've gotten beyond the MOUSE MODEL stages tho?

David, I hope you have a whole lot more pain-free times and continue to improve! Good thoughts to you always - j

Thanks for the kind words.

Modern medicine is as unscientific as it is scientific. Drug trials are for short periods, "bad" results are not included, and the real-life norm of people taking many different drugs would disqualify them as trial subjects. Also, the very ill, people with weak kidneys, damaged livers, the very old are excluded. Instead of independent testing, we have drug companies running their own trials, or paying others to do testing for them. The conflict of interest is blatant.

We need to be careful and responsible for ourselves, question doctors (respectfully) to understand why that particular drug is prescribed and expected side effects.

I'm not at all advocating the use of any medication, but for people at the end of their rope, this is another alternative.