View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default OMG I never thought I'd see you guys again!

I have been checking the braintalk site every day (sometimes several time a day), hoping it would be back up. I have lost hope about the original BT coming back. But, today I decided to search the words "braintalk" and "down" together, and I somehow stumbled across this place. This is like an alternate reality or something. It's like the bizarro braintalk! LOL I am SO happy to see all of you again!

I have had so many things to talk about over the past couple of months. There have been so many times I wished you guys were there to talk to. It's really too much stuff to try to write about now though. I'd have to say the biggest thing going on with me now is that I have started psychotherapy with my old psychologist, whom I saw for about 6 months when I was 17 years old.

I had to switch therapists because I finally got on my husband's insurance, but unfortunately, my therapist was not in network. That was really hard on me, because I had been seeing him for almost 2 years. I like my new psychologist though. I've only had 3 sessions with him so far. I also have a new pdoc, for the same insurance reasons. I really like her too. She is trying me on Neurontin to see if it helps my anxiety, and I am titrating up on Lamictal. I've been on Lamictal a couple of times before, so I hope it helps me this time. I feel really weird on the Neurontin. Like my head is in a fog. I was driving earlier, and I felt like I was hypersensitive about my surroundings. I was driving perfectly fine, but started feeling like I was going in slow motion..or rather that I was going at a normal speed but my surroundings were lagging really slow. I was able to not hit the couple of squirrls and cats that crossed my path...and even a whole bunch of fuzzy caterpillers that were crossing the road. It was like they were having a big caterpiller race to get the the other side of the road. LOL I don't think I smashed a single one of them. Glad there were not any cops around though, because how would I explain caterpiller races to a cop? LOL!!!

My new psychologist said I might not be bipolar, but he is not worrying about that too much right now, he is just trying to get to know me. He is not big on labels, which is fine with me. Although, I have been having some flashbacks to my childhood, and he thinks I have PTSD. I won't go into details about that stuff though, at least not now.

Whew! Sorry that was so long! Just think if I had actually filled you in on everything that's been going on! Ha ha! I just really hope you guys are really there, and not just a figment of my imagination.

I truely missed you guys, and I hope you are doing great! It's going to take me awhile to catch up on the posts.

Take care!