View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:06 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default My freak out thread about my parents' visit

Hi,
The last time I saw my counselor I used the 'f' word when I mentioned their visit 9 days from now. She said, "Oh you have some anger issues with them?" Ya think?!!!! Ya think think I might be unhappy about somethings? And ya think that I might be VERY VERY concerned about having my barely funtioning life disturbed? And do ya think that I might be worried about their comments and judgEments about how I live???????

Two days ago I almost called Mom and Dad to cancel their trip.

Today I decided the heck with it. I don't care if we get the kitchen floor cleaned (it's been since March -- no lie). I don't care that I gained weight since I saw them last. I don't care that there are boxes from the move (Oct 06) in the MIDDLE of the living room floor. I don't care that I will have to stay behind when theY want to go on walks on the beach or wherever. Scrw it. They like to walk. I can't. I am out of shape and have foot probs. I'll sit on the bench on the boardwalk and sweat in the August heat and humidty while they go for a walk.

And who comes to Florida at the very height of hurricane season? Who????

Hubby is very good with them. And they like him.
I feel soooo bad that I can't be gracious and happy about having my parents' visit.

My BIL on the phone tonight in a very kind way, reminded me to be as polite as possible with them because they are older than I am and because of all that implies. He lost both his parents many years ago. (And he;s seen my sister be down right rude to them. I'm not rude, but I don't cope very well around them.)

But my BIL has a better heart than I do.
And I'm very sad about that.

Mari