View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the info. Wing.

I am about ready to try the Duragesic patch 12mcg. But remember...I have spinal disorders too. My spinal PM thought that this would be a good way to go since I cannot tolerate a lot of meds. Anyway, I did question him about it thoroughly. The insert is enough to scare the heck out of anyone. But he told me that the 12mcg is pretty much equivalent to two Vicodin a day. Which is fine with me since it seems I have always either taken Norco or Vicodin...one to two a day...never any more than that. For me, the opiates help with the neuropathic pain and/or PN. It is the anti-convulsant types that really mess me up and increase burning...Neurontin being one of them. Lyrica caused major muscle pain and Depakote just sent me into a tizzy. And Elavil and Cymbalta just made me sicker than a dog. I do take Klonopin .5 once a day and it has helped considerably. I know, I know...it is benzo. But I had a list once of every med I have ever tried. And the only combination that made me functional again was Vicodin and Klonopin. I DID try supplements once and I will say since I wasn't deficient in anything they didn't do a thing. Again, my PN is more of a spinal thing and believe me, when you have osteo compressing nerve roots no amount of supplements will fix that! So, I DO have to combat it with meds and/or injections.

Anyway, I am going to wait for cooler temps before I try this patch. If it works well, I will post back. I have talked to a lot of people who just swear by it. But it all remains to be seen.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote