View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've not had a doctor come right out and say that its all in my head, but I've had 1 neurosurgeon poke a little bit, decide that it was an ulnar nerve compression and want to operate (all in ~30 min). I'm pretty sure that he thought the rest of my pain was all in my head. Needless to say, I never went back to him. ANOTHER neuro I saw couldn't make heads or tails of the normal and abnormal results of the EMG, Nerve Conductivity tests, etc, and thankfully had the sense to refer me to my PM - who immediately noticed the discoloration, temp differences and muscular differences in my 2 arms/hands. Anyways.... I did have a PT "friend" say that he thought it was all in my head...... and he had a teacher that thought and shared w/ the class that RSD and TOS were both BS dx...sort of a Dx of last resort.

Oh.... and people around me (not all of them, but still) - i get those "you look healthy, why do you have to ....." looks all the time. My mother in law asked my wife if I had a "problem" with my meds. Arrggggggggggh. People just don't get it i think.... 10 tylenol a day isn't healthy!! Months ago, someone posted their response to the question "How are you today?" since many people ask it as a courtesy, not really caring that a,b,c,d,e,f,g are all hurting/not working today. best response (i think) was "No better, no worse." If they DO care, then they'll ask for more details.

Currently redefining 8,9,10 ......

Last edited by dabbo; 08-22-2007 at 12:29 PM. Reason: i forgot....
dabbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote