View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There are other reasons. Three of those that can easily, inexpensively, and safely be taken care of are: too little B12, B6, and/or folate. A good B complex, plus at least 1000 mcg B12 alone at another time of day will take care of the most likely problem(s).

What is your dad's homocysteine number? Even in the high half of normal is not a good thing, especially for someone who has cardiovascular problems. If the doc knew enough to test him for homocysteine, did he know enough to give him the vitamins in appropriate doses? If not, your dad needs to do it himself.

I would at least watch my daughters. If there are any problems at all I would insist that they be tested correctly. And I would teach them about B12 deficiency before they leave home. Of course, at this time, a very good brand of multivitamin would be a good insurance policy, since it is extremely unlikely that they will begin malabsorbing severely for many years.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote