View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi from the UK!

Well my story goes I have a weight problem and I am diabetic. Three weeks ago on holiday I developed Meraliga Paresthetica. How?

Well I am not the most active person, dog walk perhaps twice a day but on my active holiday I walked a lot during the day, rested then attended a concert. Okay so of course I wanted a good spot I got to the venue about two hours before and stood up to secure my place, complaining my back was hurting, concert started and I bopped along with everyone else for over two hours, the pain in my back disappear I then just complained my legs where hurting and I would pay for it the next day!

After the concert we had to walk back into town as we couldn’t flag a taxi, I estimate I walked over two miles – less than three until we successfully flagged a taxi. At the point I was knackered, my legs, back and I complained my right thigh had gone numb and slapped it as a joke!

I made it back to the hotel and collapsed into bed, woke up the next morning and my leg was still numb, initially thought I had strained it from too much walking.

The day we did some walking but I realised that the more I walked my leg started to burn really bad, almost like someone pouring hot water on it and I couldn’t pull my leg away to stop the pain. When I sat down the pain disappear. I got some painkillers from the chemist and drugged myself on them to get through the day and night.

That night it was another concert and I was determined to get a good place and did, same again more standing jumping etc… totally knackered after but walked about two miles back to the hotel.

After that there was break of three days and I rested up the best I could but still had the same walking caused pain, resting I was fine. I did an internet search and found out about Meraliga Paresthetica and knew that was what this was…

Anyway three more concerts, the 3rd one being the worse and I had to drop out to sit down, I was in so much pain I nearly called on the red cross!

I got home, saw my GP two days later and he told me it was Meraliga Paresthetica, I didn’t mention I already knew… he’s given me some Diclofenac 50mg to take three times a day and I’ve been on it 7 days but it’s done nothing. Thankfully being at home I am not as active but still am getting the burning pain when I am walking 10 minutes or more. GP said to go back if no improvement on these pain meds…

Anyone else no what I can do to keep active and avoid the pain! How long can I expect this to last… I know I need to lose weight and I am determined it’s the next step but that’s is not an overnight cure, it could take me two years to get to my ideal weight (356lbs)

The burning pain is pain I have never experienced in my life and it was so bad at times on holiday I could have seriously hurt someone (esp. my non sympathetic travel friend!)
Rubyice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote