Thread: There is Hope
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default There is Hope

Hi I am a new member to this site but I thought that maybe I could offer my experience as another tidbit of hope for all of you suffering with PCS. I obstained my head injury approx: 7 years ago. Today I would say I am 90% better and still working on the remaining 10%. After 5 years of suffering severe migraines, vertigo, fatigue, irritability, light sensitivity, 2 CT scans, 2 MRI's, Neroligists (sp?) and 2 medical physicians later I realized that not 1 of them knew what to do for me. The day my last physcian prescribed me an anti-depressant for my "head-aches" was the day I decided I would try anything. That was also the best choice I had made in 5 years. I started seeing a local Homeopathic Doctor 1 day a week. I noticed results immediately but would rollercoaster from feeling great to days in bed but at least I had a few days a month that I felt like I could cope with the world, see the light at the end of the tunnel and had hope for my recovery. After 1 year of seeing this doctor my vertigo got worse..the room would seem to do a 360 degree turn in about 1 secound, I was fearful of driving and public places afraid that this would happen and I would either injure myself or others or just flat out embarass myself. I told my doctor what was happening and he ( I do not know the medical terms to describe this, I apologize) placed a acupuncture needle in my chest and one on the top of my head, he then put electricity to the needle in my chest - repeating this 3 times within 15 minutes. I thought he was like a mad scientist or something and I cursed him for 4 days. My symptoms became more severe, I could't ride in a vehicle without vomiting due to the naseau and them 5 days later and 2 1/2 years ago I regained 90% of my life back. I still have symptoms which I am still dealing with but I am 90% better today than I was for 5 years of my life. I date, I go camping, boating etc... I am not suggesting that this is for everyone but I wanted to tell my success story and to let all of you know do not give up, try new doctors etc. DON'T get stuck with a doctor that is only putting a band-aide on your problems. There is alot more to my recovery than I have been able to describe here but there are also alot more options than your physicians are telling you about as well. I wish all of you the very best, don't give up on Hope and don't be afraid to research, maybe even try, new avenues. I'm Almost There after 7 years!! I apologize for my misspelling's.
Almost There is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote