View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Scs

My pain management doctors are all big fans of the SCS and make it sound like "no big deal." Of course that is because they are not implanted in the doctors' backs. I have resisted the SCS for several years since I have heard and read that the trial is not always an accurate predictor of success. The PM docs make it sound very simple and the procedure and recovery is anything but that. From the people I have spoken to that have tried the SCS or have had them removed, to get them programmed correctly is not the easiest either. It MIGHT lessen the pain, but the longer you have had the PN (mine is idiopathic, also) the less likely you are to get relief. I have tried many many meds and alternative treatments, but the pain level is still pretty high on a daily basis. If you can tolerate the meds and they are giving relief, why take the chance on such an unpredictable procedure. Be sure to do a lot more research, speak to others that have the SCS implanted or have had them removed, and if all else fails, agree to the trial. If you do decide to try the SCS, best of luck and let us know how you are doing. Have you ever considered the morphine pump or doesn't your pain clinic like that idea. Mine hates the pump for some reason? If you do decide upon the SCS, be sure to compare all the models available and take the smallest and the one with the recharable battery. Chat soon. Ss
Suzysunshine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote