View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The prob. isn't that I can't open the files; it's that I don't want the properties wiped out or altered. The files are being transfered to an agency that asked for them.

The Mac automatically date and time stamped the files when saved, and embedded the URLs (from where the files were attained online); the properties also reflect whether there have been any modifications to the files. Right now, the properties are pristine: Never been touched.

On the Mac, by going to the File menu, then, Get Info., the values display; the URLs in, e.g., Simple Text show in the "Comments" body.

I believe that screenshots are the way to display the properties - as they appear.

I can't disclose specific details online about how the files are going to be used, since I don't want the parties involved being tipped (and since the forums are publicly accessible).

I don't need court documents and can only say this: FOIA is applicable within the U.S. The case is not in U.S. jurisdiction.

I do appreciate your help, and I've also gone ahead and asked for some help from others who may understand forensics on Mac machines. (I used mine prior to knowing anything about forensics, and just held the data in place with the hope that, one day, an agency would come for it. Now that it's happened, I don't want to mess up on my end.)

P.S.: I did receive an idea from a forensics expert, who suggested that an image of the machine's hard-drive be made via, i.e., EnCase.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote