Old 08-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Texas Geek:

GREAT NEWS!!!!

We just came back from PAYLESS.

Let me tell you what happened earlier this morning. Alan had gone to his doctor for his blood test. I was on the avenue after going out for Dunkin dounuts coffee all my myself.

I passed this pharmacy and they had these Orthopedic shoes on a stand outsife of their doorway. So I am looking and I walk in and I tell them. "My husband is not diabetic but he wears a size 10 1/2 5 E but he might need a 6E because he has a tailor bunions.

She said "I have the exact shoe for him" She runs downstairs, and she brings up these PROPET (now he has worn this brand before). and they are 10 1/2 5 E. Well, I'm about to tell her that no way would a 5 E fit him when I take a look at these shoes and I go WHOA!!!!!

These were the biggest toe box sandal sort of shoe I hve ever seen.

I said "can you please put these aside, I'll bring my husband in later". She said fine. Now this is an ordinary pharmacy on the avenue. No special medical supply store or anything like that.

So Alan later comes home, I tell him about the shoes (They are $90, by the way). Oh, I had gone to Zappos on line and they were over $100, we have shoes by them also).

So he says "lets' go to PAYLESS first, they have buy one and get one half price. I said 'Do you really think they are going to have a size 10 1/2 6 E? He said: "No, but I might be able to fit in larger shoes with my newer orthotics." (He hadn't been able to wear them as of yet).

So we take the laundry, I go to the laundromat and he goes across the street to PAYLESS. I then walk to meet up with him, and there is my husband trying on Shoe after Shoe size 13 W. I just looked at him and said WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING, YOU DON'T WEAR A SIZE 13??

He said "oh yeah??? well, in this store, I do and with these orthotics I most certainly do!!!!" So he puts his orthotics inside these nice black dressy shoes and he starts walking around the store. He walked around the store 5 times, just to make sure. He said "these I want". So he puts another pair of shoes on Size 13W. These were more athletic " HE LOVED THEM. No pinching of the tailor bunions.

So here's a picture of the two pairs of Size 13 W shoes he got at payless. Total price for the two pairs $37.00

and here’s a photo of the dressy shoes size 13W

Now here’s where it gets interesting.

We then went to the pharmacy to see the Propets. I knew that as soon as Alan saw them, and put them on, he would HAVE to buy them.

The lady then took the $90 shoes, walked Alan over to a chair, took out the inserts that were already in the shoes, took Alan’s orthotics, put them in, she then put these shoes on Alan and told him to “walk around the store”.

Well, as you can see ‘ALAN WALKED HOME WEARING THESE SHOES”. In his words. "I LOVE THESE SHOES". Oh my god, they are so comfortable. He let me take them off to take these pictures.

Here they are: And these are Size 10 1/2 5E

Oh, I thought I'd take some pics of these orthotics.

and here’s the bottom of the orthotic.

So Alan now has 3 new pairs of shoes (oy veh, credit cards lol).
the $90 pair is 10 1/2 5E and the two Payless shoes are Size 13 W.

WHY SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE SHOE SIZES????

Melody

P.S. remember, spongy things between the toes. They spread the toes apart so no compressing. In Alan's feet, these things work.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote