View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Rubyice

Sorry to hear you are in such pain with MP. It's not fun especially when you are trying to find out what helps control it. And it seems what works for one may not work for another. I have had MP for a year since having my gallbladder removed. Nobody knows why but the day following my surgery, my right leg was numb around my knee and thigh area. A couple weeks later I was getting the burning, shooting, electrical pains that I still get on occasion. My doctor put me on cymbalta which didn't seem to help much for the pain but it helped with my depression. I went to a neurologist in January who dianosed me. He tried giving me a shot in the nerve and also put me on neurontin. The shot lasted a day, the neurontin didn't work. He changed me to topamax. I now take 100mg a day. The first couple of months I had quite a few side effects which have subsided. It has helped a lot with the pain. Even though I still have days that bother me, I am a lot better than I was. I go back every 3 months to the neurologist and he monitors how i am doing. He will try to wean me off the medication however he said some people are on it for a very long time. Only time will tell.

Go see a neurologist and I hope you find the medication to help you feel better
towie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote