View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Doxycycline - Help

My doctors, who for once agree when I don't want them to are treating me for Lyme (amongst many other things I don't have the energy to list). My problem is I can't stop throwing up.

I've tried to make myself familiar with this 'herxing' thing, but I don't think that's it. I think I am just puking a lot for another reason. But if you'll kindly humor me and read this, maybe you will know if it's the meds or simply my luck (or lack thereof).

They put me on Lodine as I am currently showing signs of severe arthritis literally everywhere that bends. I threw that up, so I am taking Aleve now.

I am also on Vicodin which I only take every other day because I become immune to it very fast (within 3 days) and have to split it up. In between days, I usually just cry and wait for the next day.

I am taking Doxycycline twice per day, I throw up within 15-20 minutes of taking it and throw up off and on for 10 minutes up to an hour depending on how much I had in my stomach. This happens every time I take it.

I guess my main complaint is that I don't feel better, with the throwing up issue I feel worse and I am sure my body would appreciate being able to keep some food down because I think at this state, I need those nutrients and such. My doctors tell me to wait it out, but I'm about to stop taking these pills and wait it out that way.

I've tried taking with food, taking with water, taking with food and water. Eating earlier, later, during. I followed directions and have not taken iron, dairy products or anything 'naughty' 2 hours before taking the Doxy. I stay out of the sun (as I have no energy to walk out there anyway).

I don't get it. Is this normal or something and I missed the memo?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll try to check back soon but I think I may go to bed and yes, I know it's only 5pm. I can't help it!

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote