View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Andrea and Ali,

Sorry that your daughter is suffering with this miserable monster.

I took Lyrica for about a month during which time my ankles swelled so bad you couldn't tell I even had bones there. I didn't have any other reaction good or bad, I was quite disappointed. My PC Doc made Lyrica sound like the end all be all.

I was recently put om Neurontin 200 mgs at bedtime, it was given to prevent the shingles from possibly turning into RSD in my right rib cage area. This was the second time I had shingles and I only had 4 but this time they hurt as bad as the RSD does. By the way I also wanted to let you know the neurontin even at such a low dose helped with all my pain. I didn't have any allergic reaction to Neurontin. You mentioned they increased you daughters Amitriptyline and she was having blurry vision. The blurry vision seems to be a side effect of RSD, I am sure others will post and discuss their visual problems since RSD came into their lives also.

Good luck to both of you and I hope you get the answers you are looking for.

Barb2406

Knowledge is power!

RSD since 1999 right foot and ankle from fracture of 2 bones, after stepping in a hole at an apartment complex while visiting a hospice patient. Again hunting for a new PMD.
Barb2406 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote