View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Call.

That was an interesting read. I'm glad you posted it. If you were following our journey at BT1, you probably already know that several of us did some research on lectins but never reallly came up with all that much.

Dieticians and nutritionists are not much help. The last one I went to see, I gave her a quick course on bean lectins and food poisoning... and she was just out of school where I thought they'd've taught her better... sigh

I'm especially interesting in the lectin differences of different foods because I have long since wondered if that isn't part of my son's problem.

The thing is, we did SCD and still maintain it, to a degree but it definitely did not cure him or my husband who seems to be the one the symptoms are inherited from.

Now my 2nd son also, very obviously has many food intolerances and I have cut back my diet even further with him (nursing). Getting rid of all dairy got rid of all diaper rash but did not get rid of the little pimples on his face and arms. I've just taken eggs out of my diet (really hoping that eggs are not the cause of it) because someone recently told me that they got rid of their little bumps when they stopped eating eggs.

Any other info. on lectins would be really fabulous.

When BT1 comes back on line, I will try to remember to post links to the information that we collected there.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote