View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry to hear

Dear Kimmi:

Because I have heard many (very many) stories like yours post Laminectomy and or Fusion I have opted not to go that route.

My Neurosurgeon was up front and very honest with me. He told me that i would be trading one pain for another and that the surgery is not reversible. I told him I would do more research and thinking about the surgery.....well I have thought about it and have come to the conclusion that I can learn to live with the pain I have now.

After 12 years of living with dibilating pain and struggling along with a cane I know which movements will literally kill me, what works for me - like hot baths can make a bleak painful day much better. Sauna's really do relax my muscles and drinking plenty of water keeps everything working well.

I try to stay away from medications.....mainly because I know that once the meds wear off - I can be worse off mentally and physically.

I hope that your situation improves....

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote