Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

welcome toosaucy

I dont have any specific info on botox and TS tics but I do recall reading something about it , I think possibly even in a TSA newsletter.

on a personal note, we tried assorted meds for a year when my son was first dx with very severe TS, OCD and a bunch more associated stuff, but we really did find the side effects to be more problematic than any benefit of being on them, and so he went onto a more "natural" treatment protocol, essentially centered around nutrition and supplements, and with acupuncture, to help reduce the severity of his symptoms. we have been very pleased with the results over the past 6 years. He has TS and so he tics, but we no longer see the severe tics he used to have, and most especially his very troublesome OCD has changed in nature so as to not be so all consuming a factor in his life

Of course, as Lara mentioned, his nearing his 18th birthday is also a positive factor as tics do tend to diminish once the hormonal teen years are over

hope you find the info you are looking for, and again welcome to NeuroTalk
Cheri

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote