View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

My daughter has terrible problems taking tablets. I have a tablet cutter and if she needs to take even one small tablet she'll cut it up into so many small pieces and gag all the time still trying to get them down.

I think just looking at the size of some capsules sets her gag reflex off. Can't do anything with capsules like we can with tablets. When she does need to take medications she finds it really difficult at first but after a few days, she sometimes comes to me and says she was able to get it down easily. Then she'll be right for a few days until the gag reflex starts off again.

Ellie!!! I'm not sure you should be ingesting lip gloss lol.
Have you tried things like mousse or some yummy pudding or even get a sample of Coromega chocolate pudding (which is an Omega 3 product which tastes really good apparently)... that'd be good for your arthitis pains as well. The Coromega site says it'll send a sample to people in the US. They won't send me one. I just tried and it said US only. LOL I'm not selling the stuff, just seems as if it's something that might help the tablets slip down as well as being good for your aches and pains.

Just a trick about swallowing tablets too... don't take them with ice cold water. Use room temperature liquid to relax the muscles in the mouth and throat.

OK, I'd better go start my Saturday here.
I hope you get some rest!
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote