View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd say Glenn is definitely right about the cervical and lumbar spine. I am a spinal disorders person myself. And you truly need to find a good spine doc. And by that I mean a spinal pain management doctor; he/she can help considerably with a diagnosis and then refer you to an NS or OSS if needed. Neurologists are good when it comes to the nerves but when you are speaking of spinal issues, in my mind, nothing is better than having a good spinal pain management doctor. I would be totally lost without mine...he is great at really investigating everything. So, between him and my Neurologist, I feel I am getting excellent care. And I should add that I go to a "spine group" not just a pain management clinic.

As for the endo., I have had it too. But it can be fairly easily dealt with it in all kinds of ways. There is so much more they can do now to treat it. And I know too the sweats and shakiness that can come from it and how sick you can really feel from it. For that I would definitely see a Reproductive Endocrinologist simply because you mentioned infertility as well. Been there and done that too...but many, many years ago. The endo was cleared up and I did conceive.

It is a shame you don't have insurance at the moment. But does the university you attend offer it? If so, I would check it out. It might be fairly expensive but it is better than nothing. I wish you luck with all of this because I know what it feels like to be one of those "complicated" cases.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote