View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi once again, Steff,

After reading my last reply, I see how that first sentence could be viewed as a put-down, but it was meant to say "we all have opinions, but don't rely on mine in something as important as this'.. If my wording caused you any discomfort, I'm sorry.

And, yeah, sorta; I experience it as more of an electric-type burning, and lots of people talk about "burning", but "knives instead of a hand" could fit.

If my description sounds anything like you're experiencing, it is called allodynia. I recently wrote a thread about why GABAergic drugs (like Neurontin) are effective against allodynia in RSD; it's titled Facts you may not know about RSD. You might find that helpful.

Finally, allodynia may have many causes, but a deep, bone-chilling and painful cold in the limb is probably one of the most comment complaints of RSD sufferers, and a significant element in diagnosis. If your legs aren't almost frostbite-cold with the a/c blowing on them, I would still doubt whether it is RSD.

(Hmmm. "painfully cold", is a frequent topic here, but I wonder how common it really is. Maybe one of our more computer literate members could create a poll: Learn what % here have this sensitivity...maybe include skin temps by degrees below 98.6. Just a thought, not my summer project)

I kinda hijacked your thread at the end, but thats because I don't know any better...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote