View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 01:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

toosaucey,

Love the name! My heart really goes out to you. My son is highly ADD with OCD bordering on TS. He has gone through some vocalizeations that have caused him some problems. His 3rd grade teacher insisted that he was mentally challanged and would not let him stay in the classroom. She would hand him his papers in the morning and send him to the resource room. He got such wonderful one-on-one attention there, I didn't mind a bit. Come to find out, it was his throat clearing that drove her crazy. His Dr. put him on Zoloft, but when he was 12, during x-mas break, he had ran out and didn't tell me. After a few days he was having Day Terrors. He said it felt like there were bars around him with spikes and they were cutting into him. He felt like he was dieing. He was in the middle of detox, cold turkey, no turning back. We never gave him anything for the vocalizations again. Now that he is 15, they are hardly noticeable.

BTW, the reason I did not know he was out of meds was, part of his therapy for his ADD was that he was responsible for taking his medication daily, preparing for school, getting to the bus stop on time, letting me know when he was down to the last few meds. He normally did very well, but would miss an occational dose (often on weekends), so it would not be unusual for refills to be late.
BwithT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote